This client privacy notice describes how we will collect, use and protect your personal data and why we need it. This notice is provided with the intention to comply with our obligations regarding your personal data security under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective on 25th May 2018. Our new website is under construction and will contain a link to this notice.
Mike Lemon Consulting (UK) Limited (MLCUK) will be the new group controlling and administrative company for the former practice of MIKE LEMON in the UK, for MLCUK itself and for Curzon Land Limited (CL) and Crendon Management Limited (CM), all registered in the UK, for Mike Lemon Consulting SL (MLCSL), registered in Spain, and for New Dawn Limited (ND), registered in Gibraltar. All personal data is deemed processed by MLCUK wherever it is processed. MLCUK are our data controllers and staff of any of the companies in our group are our data processors. Any enquiries you may have should be addressed to me, Michael Lemon, the present principle data controller (PDC) at firstname.lastname@example.org . In the unlikely event that we cannot agree on a matter relating to your personal data, you have the right to refer your complaint to the UK Information Commissioner's Office via www.ico.org.uk .
What personal information do we collect?
We collect your name, address, telephone number and Email address. We need this information to:
- Identify you and communicate with you;
- Manage and perform our contractual obligation to you to provide you with taxation, accountancy and business advice and related services as well as payroll services via our payroll contractor,;
- Trace your whereabouts to contact you about your business affairs and for recovering debt;
- Use as necessary for our own legitimate interests of good governance, accountability, administration and management purposes;
- Comply with legal obligations under data protection law;
- Establish and defend our legal rights.
- We also collect you personal and business financial information. This will include your full bank details. We need this information to:
- Prepare your annual accounts and other financial statements;
- Collate all information for your annual tax returns;
- Prepare and file on line your annual personal and/or corporate returns with HMRC;
- Prepare and file on line your periodic VAT returns with HMRC;
- Prepare and file on line your annual accounts with Companies House;
- Prepare and file on line any other corporate statutory documentation;
- Deal with any other third party on your behalf as required and instructed by you;
- Deal with your business and tax affairs in any other way as is in your best interest and as may be required and instructed from time to time
This information is freely given by you and therefore based on your consent. You cannot opt out of providing this information. Without it, we cannot provide you with the business services you require and instruct.
We do not hold or retain in any way your personal or corporate debit/credit card details.
Sharing client personal and business information
Your personal contact information is shared within our administrative group and with HMRC and Companies House for statutory declaration purposes. We do not share your personal data with any other third party unless you specifically so instruct such as a bank manager or a finance house or a potential purchaser.
We share your business information with HMRC for income declaration purposes and with Companies House for corporate compliance purposes.
If MLCUK , our ultimate controlling company, or substantially all of the assets of MLCUK and the group companies, are acquired by a new owner, personal data controlled by MLCUK will be one of the transferred assets.
We do not undertake direct or indirect marketing with our clients, neither do we make our clients' data available to any third party for marketing purposes.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookie that we use is;
(.addtoany.com) used to track sharing of pages on the website.
Retention of Data
We retain your personal details within our computer systems and secure storage cabinets. We require this for future financial and taxation advice which often requires research of prior year information. We also may use that information for our own statistical and historical purposes. You have the right to request that this information is deleted if you withdraw your instructions and we have the right to refuse. That refusal will be maintained, unless in exceptional circumstances, for a period of 6 years from the date of cessation of instructions with us. We will pass on all personal or business data as may be requested on change of agent to that new agent.
Management and Security of Data
We retain your personal and business information throughout your instructions with us and for a minimum of 6 years after the withdrawal of those instructions. Information is stored in our secure computer systems, including scanned copies of any paperwork or documents received and in secure current and archived storage cabinets. If you submit paper documents, be sure to retain a copy, where practicable, in case of loss in post.
If at any time you believe your personal information has been shared with an unauthorised third party, you must let us know immediately.
- The right to be informed about our processing your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected or incomplete data completed;
- The right to object to our processing your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to request access to your personal data;
- The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data ("data portability").
- We have the right to refuse your request if there are legal compliance or administrative reasons for so doing. In the case of refusal, a written explanation will be given.
If you have any concerns about how we handle or protect your information, we hope you will contact us to discuss this.
Michael Lemon, Principle Data Controller 17th May 2018